You are here
Northeastern Regional Chapter
Click Below to Apply:
NERC High School
for Descendants of
American Korean War Veterans
For international and self-supporting students, please download the Personal Financial Statement form and upload the completed form in the Financial Documentation section.
If you have any questions, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholarship Application Information
|Applications Available Online:||April 1, 2018|
|Application Deadline:||June 30, 2018|
|Recommendations Deadline:||June 30, 2018|
Qualifications for Scholarship Eligibility:
- Will be a full time student at a school in one of the designated Northeastern region states (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, and Vermont) during the 2018-19 school year.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Can demonstrate need for financial assistance.
Your category depends on what your status will be during the 2018-19 school year, as follows:
- High School Sophomores & Juniors - Scholarships awarded based on achievement (not based on financial need).
- High School Seniors with plans to attend college in 2018-19 school year - The chosen college must be within the Northeastern region. You must include a copy of your acceptance letter.
- College Freshmen, Sophomores & Juniors - The school you are attending must be within the Northeastern region.
- College Seniors - You must be planning to attend a graduate or professional school in the Northeastern region during the 2018-19 school year. You must submit a letter of acceptance from the graduate or professional school.
- Graduate Students - You must be continuing your studies in the 2018-19 school year at a school within the Northeastern region.
Current non-students are eligible if they can provide documentation (acceptance letters, signed commitment letters, or other documents showing commitment to attend) indicating they will be a full time student in one of the above categories in the 2018-19 school year.
Students who reside, or will reside, in the US during the 2018-19 school year, whether US citizens or foreign nationals, are all welcome to apply.
KASF Scholarship for Descendants of American Korean War Veterans
The Korean American Scholarship Foundation (KASF) - Norheastern Regional Chapter (NERC) is pleased to announce a new scholarship program in honor and recognition of 1.6 million American Veterans who served in the Korean War during the Korean War era (June 25, 1950 - January 31, 1955). These men and women answered the call to fight for a country and people they never knew and never met. More than 54,000 Americans died and 103,000 were wounded.
To express our gratitude to these Veterans for their sacrifices, KASF-NERC will offer their descendants an opportunity to apply for a scholarship. KASF-NERC scholarship program will recognize outstanding students who have demonstrated outstanding talents and potential for success. Awardees will receive a check of $2,000 scholarships from KASF and be able to attend the Annual Awards Gala to be held in New York City.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements, the applicant should be:
- Direct descendants of a Korean-War Veteran who served in Korea from June 25, 1950 - January 31, 1955 (Korean War Era, as designated by the U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs)
- Enrolled as a full-time student during the 2017-18 academic year
- Attend a school located in the KASF Northeastern Region: CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, RI, & VT.
Copyright © 2018, Korean American Scholarship Foundation